HB 2820 passed in the House on February 24, 2021. We are on our way!
There have been some questions regarding HB 2820, that I am happy to address.
Here are key points:
- RDN licensure will be voluntary and there will be no effect on RDNs who wish to continue to
practice without a license.
- Any RDN/RD who is currently registered by CDR will qualify to be licensed if they wish and can
use the credentials RDN, LDN.
- Title protection for all Registered Dietitians/Registered Dietitian Nutritionists/Dietitians (and any
alternate spelling). Anyone using the RDN/RD designation in AZ, must have met CDR
requirements and be a RDN in good standing with CDR, regardless if licensed or not.
- RDN, LDNs will be legally allowed to provide telehealth across state lines.
- RDN, LDNs will be allowed order writing privileges.
- Hospital and/or employer policy will determine if a license is required
-RDN, LDNs providing MNT will be able to practice at the height of the RDN Scope of Practice.
-Align AZ RDNs with the 48 other states with title protection, certification, or licensure.
-Align AZ RDNs with other licensed healthcare providers in Arizona.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.
Thank you for supporting the future of dietetics in Arizona!
AZAND Advocacy Director