Bylaws and Strategic Plan
The Arizona Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is governed by bylaws that have been developed in accordance with the directives of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and have been approved by the AZAND Board of Directors. They are reviewed and updated as needed. Access the AZAND Bylaws.
The AZAND Board meets periodically to update its Strategic Plan. There are four goals that have been established and are used as the guiding direction for the Board and AZAND. The benefits of strategic planning include:
- The process itself brings consensus, which the Associations must have to move forward.
- It improves decision-making by focusing on the crucial issues and challenges we face.
- The process of thinking about the future and its impact breeds flexible thinking that enables us to respond more quickly to issues and changes.
- Strategic Planning enhances performance because we use our energies for matters of substance.
The five strategic goals for AZAND are:
- Goal #1: Work collaboratively with state and local communities to promote the health of Arizonans.
- Goal #2: For our members and prospective members to view AZAND as a key to professional success.
- Goal #3: Effectively use PR, media services, and technology to increase public awareness of RDNs/DTRs.
- Goal #4: Strengthen the leadership and organization of AZAND to better serve the members and profession.
- Goal #5: Develop a strong public policy presence.