If you want a career that is exciting, challenging and allows you to succeed, excel and feel good about what you do, then consider the field of dietetics.
Dietetics is the science of managing food and nutrition to promote health. It’s a vital, growing field open to creativity and opportunity and the possibilities are endless!
Whether you’re a high school student looking for information about dietetics as a career, or you’re already in the work force and looking to change careers, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ Student Center can help steer you in the right direction and provide you with information about becoming a Registered Dietitian (RD) or a Diet Technician, Registered (DTR).
Bachelor Degree Programs
The following programs are approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) for graduates of approved dietetics programs seeking the Registered Dietitian (RD) / Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) credentials. (Search for programs nationwide here)
Dietetic interns in the state of Arizona may be eligible for an AZAND Scholarship
Application materials include:
- Letter of recommendation from your internship director
- 300-word personal statement
- Google account to submit the application
Join an AZAND District
If you are a member of the state organization, AZAND, don’t forget to become a member of a District! Any person who is a member in good standing of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is eligible to become a member of an AZAND District. You may hold membership in more than one district.
The Arizona Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is comprised of 3 Districts, with members practicing in every community in Arizona.
- Central AZ District (C-AZAND)
– Greater Phoenix Area – Maricopa, Pinal, Gila, Coconino, Navajo, Apache and Graham counties
- Southern AZ District (S-AZAND)
– Greater Tucson Area – Pima, Pinal, Santa Cruz, Graham, Greenlee, and Cochise counties
- Southwest AZ District (SW-AZAND)
– Greater Yuma Area – Yuma and La Paz counties