Arizona Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Central District Meetings and Events
Click here to view Central District events!
Current Volunteer Opportunities are available!
Email Centralazda@gmail.com if you are interested in finding out more!
The Central Arizona Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (C-AZAND) represents Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics members of Maricopa County, which includes 12 cities in the greater Phoenix area. Academy members of Pinal, Gila, and Graham counties are welcome to join.
C-AZAND strives to promote evidence-based practice and advocate for the role of qualified nutrition professionals through education, collaboration, and community engagement. We do this by offering cutting edge continuing education programs, partnering with local organizations that support our mission, and participating in philanthropy. We advocate for diversity in the field of dietetics and welcome RDNs, DTRs, interns, and students of all backgrounds and fields of work.
As a member of C-AZAND, you will be able to:
- Attend member events including mini-conferences, journal clubs, and culinary experiences.
- Participate in local networking events and learn about new fields of work.
- Engage in leadership opportunities by becoming a board member or being selected as a presenter at one of our education events.
Become a member
The C-AZAND membership year is June 1st – May 31st.
To become a member of C-AZAND, you must:
- Complete our membership form here.
- Pay your membership dues using the PayPal button below.
Please note that there is a $1.00 transaction fee for paying through PayPal. Once your Academy member number is verified and you have submitted your payment, our Membership Committee will reach out to you for confirmation. For questions, please email our Membership Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualification of AZAND District Membership
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics members residing in Arizona are automatically members of the Arizona Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AZAND).
- Any person who is a member in good standing of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is eligible to become a member of an AZAND District (Central, Southern, Northern, etc). Members may hold membership in more than one district.
- The districts appreciate your financial support and your attendance at local meetings and events. Academy dues do not include local District association membership. We rely on your dues to provide local activities.
For more information about the Central Arizona District Dietetic Association (C-AZAND), contact C-AZAND President at email@example.com.
Briauna Ramirez, RDN
Leonora Renda, RDN
LaNae Maass, RDN
Daisy Cruz, MS, RD
Courtney Baker, MHS, RD
Nominating Committee Chair
Shannon Toohy, RDN
Student Affairs Representative